Polygamist Leader Jeffs Hospitalized
Get Breaking News First
GALVESTON (AP) - The Texas Department of Criminal Justice says polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs has been hospitalized.
Department spokesman Robert Hurst says Jeffs is in stable condition Monday at a Galveston hospital. Hurst says Jeffs was admitted March 11 for treatment of a condition that’s not life-threatening.
Hurst declined to say why the 58-year-old Jeffs was hospitalized or to release any additional details.
Jeffs is the ecclesiastical head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was convicted in August 2011 and sentenced to life in prison for sexually assaulting two of his child brides. Prosecutors said Jeffs had two dozen underage wives in all.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One Dead Two Injured After Overnight Burglary
- Police Confirm Body Found Is That Of Missing Woman
- Playground Equipment May Be Too Hot To Handle
- Ft. Worth Doctor With Ebola Has Church’s Prayers
- John Wiley Price’s Pastor and Church Stand Behind Him
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures