DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Stars have sent goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp back to the Texas Stars of the AHL, a sign that starter Kari Lehtonen is ready to return from a concussion.
Lehtonen was injured in a 4-3 win over Minnesota on March 8 when Erik Haula ran him over and knocked off his helmet. He went through his first full practice Friday.
Tim Thomas made four starts in Lehtonen’s place, including a game against Columbus that was postponed when Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench in the first period. Thomas was acquired from Florida a day before the trading deadline.
Thomas was pulled from Sunday’s 7-2 loss at Winnipeg after allowing his fourth goal on 17 shots just 29 seconds into the second period. Nilstorp finished the game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Senate OKs School Vouchers Amid House Opposition
- FBI Searches For Armed North Texas Bank Robber
- Dallas Dance Community Mourns Choreographer Slain In Downtown
- Texas Starting Righty Ross To 10-Day DL; C Nicholas Recalled
- Justin Bieber Cancels Concert In Arlington This Weekend
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures