DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Stars have sent goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp back to the Texas Stars of the AHL, a sign that starter Kari Lehtonen is ready to return from a concussion.
Lehtonen was injured in a 4-3 win over Minnesota on March 8 when Erik Haula ran him over and knocked off his helmet. He went through his first full practice Friday.
Tim Thomas made four starts in Lehtonen’s place, including a game against Columbus that was postponed when Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench in the first period. Thomas was acquired from Florida a day before the trading deadline.
Thomas was pulled from Sunday’s 7-2 loss at Winnipeg after allowing his fourth goal on 17 shots just 29 seconds into the second period. Nilstorp finished the game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Rallies To Beat Dynamo 3-1
- Rahal Makes Last-Lap Pass To Win IndyCar Race At Texas
- Frisco ISD Voters Reject Property Tax Increase
- Moreland, Griffin Lead Rangers To 7-0 Win Over Indians
- Cowboys’ Ford Center Hosts Frisco ISD Football Kickoff
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures