MIAMI (AP) – Will Jeb Bush run for president?
The former Florida governor is likely to be asked that question many times in the coming weeks as he makes appearances in Tennessee, New Mexico and Nevada. He’ll probably be asked the same thing in Texas, where he’ll bump into another possible 2016 presidential candidate, Hillary Rodham Clinton.
So far, Bush says he’s undecided. But his answer is one of the most significant unknowns looming over the 2016 Republican presidential contest.
Bush is seen by many Republicans as an alternative to embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. A White House bid by Bush could be affected by his older brother’s controversial presidency and potential Bush fatigue among the American public.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Demonstrators Rally At Fort Worth Black Lives Matter Protest
- Moreland’s Game-Ending HR Gives Rangers 2-1 Over Royals
- More Than 600 Animals Rescued In July By SPCA Cruelty Investigators
- Army Report: Grenade Found In Room Of Dallas Gunman In 2014
- Cowboys Pay Tribute To Dallas Police Before Start Of Camp
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures