MIAMI (AP) – Will Jeb Bush run for president?
The former Florida governor is likely to be asked that question many times in the coming weeks as he makes appearances in Tennessee, New Mexico and Nevada. He’ll probably be asked the same thing in Texas, where he’ll bump into another possible 2016 presidential candidate, Hillary Rodham Clinton.
So far, Bush says he’s undecided. But his answer is one of the most significant unknowns looming over the 2016 Republican presidential contest.
Bush is seen by many Republicans as an alternative to embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. A White House bid by Bush could be affected by his older brother’s controversial presidency and potential Bush fatigue among the American public.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips From CBS11 Story Lead To Felony Theft Warrant For Suspect
- FDA Approves New Non-Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
- Irving Mayor Leaving For Job In Trump Administration
- Student In Richland Hills Brings BB Gun To School
- Ex Punk-Rocker O’Rourke Launches Longshot Bid Against Cruz
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures