KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (CBSNEWS/CBSDFW.COM) – Satellite imagery has revealed two objects that could be debris from a missing Malaysian jetliner, Australia’s Prime Minister announced Thursday.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott made the announcement to members of the Australian Parliament. He said a Royal Australian Air Force Orion aircraft has been sent to the area to attempt to locate the objects.
“New and credible information has come to light in relation to the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean,” Abbott said.
The family of Keller resident Philip Wood took to Facebook to issue a short statement after the news:
“Please keep all the passengers and loved ones of MH370 in your positive thoughts and prayers as this latest news report unfolds.”
Read more on the story from CBS News…….
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Riders Get Stuck On Six Flags Roller Coaster
- Puck Drops On NHL Free Agency, Flurry Of Deals Expected
- 4 Inured, 1 Serious In Fort Worth City Bus Crash
- Top Republicans Want Texas Agencies To Cut Budgets
- Obama Urges Congress To Pass Zika Prevention Bill
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures