KENNEDALE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Kennedale said Monday morning a teacher found a small camera mounted under the sink of the ladies room in the faculty lounge at Kennedale High School.
A teacher reportedly found it, turned it over to a supervisor and then went to the school resource officer on-site.
After watching it, police obtained a search warrant for the home of science teacher and assistant football coach Jason Tomlinson. After the search, police said they found even more photographic evidence.
“He had actually saved them to video; we seized computers last night at his home and we also seized some more computers from school property this morning that he kept up there,” said Kennedale Police Chief Tommy Williams.
Police swept the school to make sure there were no additional cameras and are going over video evidence to make sure students weren’t victimized.
The news went through students before just about anyone else. Tomlinson was well liked at the school.
“He seemed like such a good coach and he was open with the students and honest with the students and this just didn’t seem like anything he would do,” said Javin Mayberry, a junior at the school.
Kennedale ISD released the following statement:
“Kennedale ISD is shocked and deeply saddened by the allegations against Mr. Jason Tomlinson. Kennedale ISD is cooperating fully with law enforcement officials and we have taken all appropriate actions in accordance with the law and district policy. Mr. Tomlinson has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately. As this is still on ongoing investigation, we cannot comment any further. Any additional questions may be directed to the Kennedale Police Department.”
Tomlinson has worked for the district 14 months. He is currently in the Mansfield Jail on a $100,000 bond charged with Improper Photography Without Consent.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Churches Pray, Serve Where Deadly Tornadoes Struck Six Months Ago
- Chile Wins 2nd Straight Copa America Title
- Dallas Police Identify Suspect Vehicle In Murder Investigation
- 9-Year-Old Drowns In East Fort Worth Apartment Pool
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures