SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Phil Mickelson has decided to play the Texas Open next week. That means the three-time Masters champion would play both Texas events before he arrives at Augusta National for the first major of the year.
Mickelson has not played the Texas Open since 1992. It now is played on the AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio.
It’s the second straight year the Valero Texas Open received a top player at the last minute. Rory McIlroy played last year and was runner-up to Martin Laird.
Mickelson prefers to play before majors. He previously has said he would play the Shell Houston Open, which is the week before the Masters. He had been undecided on the Texas Open.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hill Scores 21, Leads Kings Past Mavericks 93-88 For 1st Win
- Dallas Man Says Woman Drugged Him, Stole His Puppy
- Teen Shot In The Head At Garland Park
- Devin Harris Granted Leave Of Absence After Brother’s Death
- Wild Boar Rampage Injures 4 People
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures