LOS ANGELES (AP) – The new “Star Wars” has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.
Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on “Star Wars: Episode VII,” which is set three decades after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.
Speaking at the company’s annual shareholder’s meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature “some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads.” Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only “official cast member” he would announce.
“Episode VII” is set for release in December 2015.
Iger also said Pixar plans a third “Cars” movie and a sequel to 2004’s “The Incredibles.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Johnny Manziel Re-Hires Former Agent, Drawing Real Interest From Teams
- FBI Raid And Search Detailed In John Wiley Price Corruption Trial
- The New Reported Cap Number And The Cowboys Squeeze
- The Surprise, Surprise: Last Bench Spot Up For Grabs & More
- Texas Court Hears Case To Limit Gay Marriage Legalization
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures