LOS ANGELES (AP) – The new “Star Wars” has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.
Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on “Star Wars: Episode VII,” which is set three decades after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.
Speaking at the company’s annual shareholder’s meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature “some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads.” Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only “official cast member” he would announce.
“Episode VII” is set for release in December 2015.
Iger also said Pixar plans a third “Cars” movie and a sequel to 2004’s “The Incredibles.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oak Lawn Community On Edge After Deaths Of 2 Transgender Women, Robberies
- Official: Woman Missing At Lake Ray Hubbard After Going Into Water
- Teacher Who Stopped School Shooter Released From Hospital
- American Jailed In Venezuela For 2 Years Arrives In US
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures