NFL Prospect Aaron Donald Recalls His Combine Experience
105.3 THE FAN — Former Pittsburgh defensive tackle and NFL prospect Aaron Donald has been linked to the Dallas Cowboys on a number of occasions this off-season.
Donald, who is projected as a first round pick in April’s draft, joined 105.3 The Fan’s New School on Wednesday to discuss his experience at the NFL combine.
“I did get a couple off-the-wall questions from the Bengals when I interviewed with them,” said Donald. “When I sat down, they told me five words, and I was suppost to remember them. At the end of the interview, they asked me what were the five words. I didn’t get five out of five. I got three out of five.”
The exercise included the words “baseball”, “yellow” and “tree”.
Donald says he visited with a number of other teams at the combine (to discuss football), including the Dallas Cowboys.
“Really, when I talked to the Cowboys, it was just, they wanted to get my football knowledge, getting to know about me and the way I play the game and the way I learn the game.”
And which NFL athlete does Donald most compare himself to? Bengals DT Geno Atkins.
Hear the full audio here:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- AP: Former Fort Worth Police Chief Has Financial Ties To Body-Cam Maker
- Jefferson Keys Third Quarter Spurt As Mavs Beat Pelicans 102-93
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Woman On Flight With North Texas Ebola Patient Plans To Sue
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures