Waco Police Chase Loose Bull With Lassos
Get Breaking News First
WACO (AP) - A bull apparently in no mood for vaccinations led police on a chase down a Texas city street before horse-riding, lasso-yielding officers were able to wrangle the animal.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports that the bull was being vaccinated at a veterinary clinic in Waco when it broke out of its corral Tuesday.
Officers say a man spotted the animal running down the street and gave chase, wielding a whip and lasso from a pickup truck with three or four police cars behind him.
Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says the bull ran into a fenced yard after about 45 minutes. Two animal control cowboys were able to lasso it into a trailer.
Swanton says police were mostly concerned about the bull injuring pedestrians or interrupting traffic. No one was injured.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- GOP’s Abbott, Democrats’ Davis Face Off In Debate
- No. 6 Texas A&M Takes On SMU Without June Jones
- US Women Beat Mexico 4-0 In Final Warmup
- Scotland Rejects Independence
- Tornado Sirens Malfunction, Disrupt Neighborhood
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures