Reliant Stadium Renamed NRG Stadium
HOUSTON (AP) - Reliant Stadium, the surrounding park and all of the facilities in it are being rebranded.
Governing board of the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp., which owns the complex, voted Wednesday to rename the Reliant complex after the Texas-based electric retailer’s parent company, NRG Energy.
Reliant Stadium will become NRG Stadium, home of the NFL’s Houston Texans. The surrounding Reliant Park becomes NRG Park, and all of the other Reliant-branded facilities will be rebranded NRG.
NRG has a presence in the Northeast and West, and it says the change would help it create a national brand.
Reliant bought the naming rights to the complex in 2000 for $300 million in a 32-year agreement.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pop-Up Park Brings Greenspace To Deep Ellum Neighborhood
- Woman Claims She Was Fired From Starbucks During Cancer Struggle
- Pregnant Patron Recounts Narrow Escape After SUV Slams Into Building
- Following 18-Hour Debate, Texas Budget Battle Has Only Begun
- Methodist Dallas Hospital Helps Their Own Get Healthy
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures