PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) – An investigation is underway after a 62-year-old man fell from a 12th floor balcony of a Panama City Beach hotel.
Authorities say Thomas H. Saunders of Southlake, Texas, was chaperoning a group of spring breakers staying at the Holiday Inn Resort. He fell Wednesday onto the hotel lobby’s roof.
The News Herald of Panama City reports Saunders’ daughter and her four friends were sleeping in the hotel room when he fell.
Panama City Beach police say they don’t suspect foul play. They’re still trying to determine how Saunders fell and his exact cause of death.
Hotel management told the newspaper the incident appeared to be accidental and was not alcohol-related.
An autopsy is pending.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Napoli Gets AL Ring In Return To Cleveland
- EU Fines Google A Record 2.42 Billion Euros
- Nowitzki Wins NBA Twyman-Stokes Teammate Of The Year Award
- Cosby Venue Could Move To California In Sex Abuse Lawsuit
- Utah Wildfire Grows To Largest Active Fire In U.S.
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures