The Degenerate’s March Madness Picks
105.3 THE FAN – It’s my favorite day of the year, the start of the NCAA Tournament.
It’s my weekend to sit in front of the TV on the couch and do nothing but watch games. It’s the only time of year I even consider moving a TV from another room into the Living Room to watch multiple games. It’s also the most popular weekend in the Calendar Year to get Vasectomies, because all you do is sit around and do nothing for 48 hours.
Or so I’m told.
I want to help you guys out this year, just as I did last year, with a little thing we like to call “The Degenerate.” Since the show started in April of 2011, and before that on various shows I’ve done while at another station in town, I’ve been offering up gambling advice, as its one of my true passions.
I even got a good friend of mine, Lee Sterling, who’s been handicapping games for decades to come on to give his take on the Tourney.
When betting on the NCAA Tourney, or even picking the games in a bracket pool, remember 3 things.
1. Team with the best player on the floor is never out of it
2. Point Guards rule the day
3. The NCAA Tourney is all about matchups.
This is the reason I love Oklahoma St; I love Tennessee to advance to the Sweet 16; it’s why I think Creighton is bound for North Texas, and it’s why OU will struggle with North Dakota St.
Just follow these simple rules, and you’ll be much more likely to have a winning record Against The Spread this March.
But don’t take my word for it, I only went 28-5 last year ATS in the Big Dance.
And Lee Sterling isn’t that shabby either…
Now, for the games I like Thursday and Friday.
Dayton +6 Over Ohio St. A-10 massively underrated conference, and the Flyers have something to prove to the cross state rivals who won’t play them. Aaron Craft will live to fight another day, but it will be a dog fight
St Joe’s +5.5 Over UCONN. Another A-10 school will knock off a big boy ATS, this time its UCONN, who doesn’t have Jim Calhoun, and the AAC wasn’t very good this year. I think UCONN wins, but very close
NC State +3 Over St Louis. A-10 luck runs out. TJ Warren is best player on the floor. Remember that
Harvard +3 Over Cincy. This one is about matchups. Harvard can score, and Cincy loses focus at times. Harvard wins outright
Tulsa +9 Over UCLA. Ask Iowa and New Mexico fans what they think of Steve Alford the NCAA Coach…
Ok St -3 Over Gonzaga. Best player on the floor is Marcus Smart, and he’s the reason Ok St is headed for the Sweet 16
Iowa St -8 Over NC Central. Big 12 might have been the best conference in College Hoops this year.
VCU/SFA UNDER 137. VCU presses on every possession, and their motto is “Nothing Free.” SFA is a dog to play. This will be a low scoring game. Points at a premium here
Providence +4 UNC. Has there been a less interesting UNC team ever than this one? Providence is hot, UNC isn’t.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- 2 Armstrong Associates Settle Lawsuit With Landis
- Cowboys Injury Report: DeMarco Murray Questionable With Broken Hand
- Musicians + Sports: Darius Rucker Lives for Football: See His Pregame Soundtrack
- Allen’s Kyler Murray Named AP Player Of Year In Texas
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures