FLOWER MOUND (CBS 11 NEWS) – A Flower Mound teen has died, after police say a drunk driver struck her early Friday morning.
Kasey Waychoff a 19-year-old sophomore at Oklahoma State University was on Spring Break vacation with her sorority sisters in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
According to police, Waychoff was walking along a bike path, when the car drifted off the road and hit her.
Officers arrested and charged 29-year-old Justin Lott, after pulling him over near the scene.
Waychoff’s parents in Flower Mound received a call immediately after the accident and flew to Mobile on Friday.
Speaking of his niece Jeff Waychoff said, “She was always smiling. She had a beautiful smile. She was beautiful inside and out. She was humble. She’s easygoing, and she was just easy to be with.”
Jeff Waychoff said his niece stood out in the family, and was the only girl among all her cousins. “I just love my family and she was a big part of that. She was a real big part of that family. And that hurts ’cause she’s gone.”
Waychoff’s lifelong companion was her big brother Wesley. He wrote on Instagram Friday, “Words cannot express how much I love you. You weren’t just my sister, you were my best friend.”
“He was the overprotective, good… big brother. And she was a great sister. But she was an even better friend,” said their uncle.
A graduate of Flower Mound High School, Waychoff spent part of her childhood in Singapore, where her father spent time working. She loved to travel and recently learned she’d been accepted into a program to spend a semester studying in China.
Family members told CBS 11 news plans for a memorial service have not been finalized.
Students at OSU have scheduled a vigil Wednesday night.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Court Tosses Data Speed Reduction Lawsuit Against AT&T
- Cowboys Waive DE Jenkins & Put CB Thomas On IR
- Djokovic’s Right Arm Troubles Him At U.S. Open
- Serena Begins U.S. Open Against Tough Makarova
- Dallas Leaders To Discuss ‘Fixing’ Loose Dog Problem
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures