WACO, Texas (AP) – Baylor coach Kim Mulkey will be at her house Saturday when the Lady Bears play their first-round NCAA tournament game.
Mulkey will serve a one-game NCAA suspension for criticizing the officiating after the last year’s Sweet 16, when the then-defending national champion Lady Bears were upset by Louisville.
Big 12 champion Baylor (29-4), a No. 2 seed, plays Sun Belt Conference champ Western Kentucky (24-8).
The other first-round Notre Dame regional game at Waco has No. 7 seed California (21-9), a Final Four team last season, taking on Fordham (25-7). The Atlantic 10 champ Rams are in their first NCAA tournament in 20 years, and only six years removed from an 0-29 season.
Mulkey says she’s very confident in her team and associate head coach Bill Brock, who takes over.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oklahoma Bashes Oklahoma State 58-23 In Bedlam
- LSU Defeat Texas A&M 19-7
- Arlington Homicide Detectives Investigating 20-Year-Old Man’s Death
- 23-Year-Old Charged With Murder Following Witness Tip
- UTEP Defeats North Texas 20-17
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures