DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas ministry held a March Against Domestic Violence and informational fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday near the Antioch Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church on S. Hampton Road.
The ministry, called Brother 2 Brother & Sisters, used the demonstration to stand up to domestic violence and inform local community members of the issue.
“As a ministry, we are seeking to bring awareness to this issue, as well as to offer help to those who are victims and perpetrators,” a press release reads.
The march started along S. Hampton Road and continued on Camp Wisdom Road, Polk Street and Wheatland Road before concluding at S. Hampton.
The walk began at 11 a.m. and concluded by 11:30 a.m. The informational fair lasted until 3 p.m.
The public was invited to attend, and other churches were encouraged to join in.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Living With People They Bite, Zika Mosquitoes Hard To Fight
- Bedford Apartment Fire Leaves 1 Person Dead
- Denton PD To Recreate Deadly Crash That Killed 2 Kids
- Pedestrian Killed Crossing 635-LBJ Monday Night
- FWISD School Calendar Vote Results To Be Revealed
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures