DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – One man is dead after a hit-and-run accident that happened around 8:40 p.m. Saturday on E. Northwest Highway between Shady Brook Lane and Skillman Street.
Police are calling the incident a hit-and-run, and there is currently no word of an arrest or person of interest.
The killed pedestrian has not been identified by police, but is referred to as a 55-year-old Latino male on a police report.
Police say the 55-year-old man stepped off a median into the eastbound lanes of E. Northwest Highway, headed southbound.
A vehicle traveling on the eastbound lanes failed to yield to the pedestrian, according to police.
The front right part of the vehicle hit the man and appeared to have dragged him underneath the car.
The man was pronounced dead around 8:45 p.m. by Dallas Fire-Rescue
This picture of the scene was tweeted by a CBS 11 viewer:
CBS 11 is working to get more details on the accident and will update this story as they become available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police Officer Gets Special Gift From Quilters
- NASCAR Shakes Up 2018 Schedule
- Playboy Model Who Shot Nude Pic Of Unwitting Woman Due In Court
- Scientists May Now Know How Whales Got So Big
- Jury Deliberates Fate Of FWPD Officer In Wrongful Shooting Case
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures