Dallas Man Robbed, Killed In Broad Daylight
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Police say a man died in the hospital after he was shot and robbed around 5:45 p.m. Saturday at 9728 Abernathy Ave.
The 27-year-old victim has been identified as Jose Esquivel of Dallas.
Esquivel was missing his wallet and cell phone when police found him in a parking lot, according to a Dallas police report.
Esquivel was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital where he later died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The police report lists a property value of the man’s wallet at $50 and the cell phone at $100.
The police report also says the incident is not believed to be gang-related. There is no word on an arrest in the man’s murder at this time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 1 Dead, 1 Arrested In Azle Shooting
- Denton Police Look For Suspect In Apartment Shooting
- FW Firefighters Rescue Man From Mobile Home
- Cowboys Playoff-Bound And FishTip Says ‘At Home’ Is Good
- Cowboys Dismantle Colts 42-7 To Win NFC East
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures