‘Great Amazing Race’ Stops In Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Family fun ensued at White Rock Lake Sunday for the “Great Amazing Race,” a foot race based off of the TV series “The Amazing Race.”
The event took place from 2 to 5 p.m. at Norbuck Park at White Rock Lake.
Teams of two people, adults and children, raced around a mile-long course that had eight obstacles and challenge stations.
“Clues provided at each station directs teams to perform tasks or complete obstacle course that focus on teamwork in order to advance to the next station,” a press release reads.
Contestants were told to prepare to get wet and dirty during the event.
The course was designed for both beginner and veteran racers.
Medals were awarded following the race and the 25 best teams will qualified for a championship race and a chance to win $2,000, spokesman Greg Benton said.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Exposes Himself To High School Cheerleader
- Deputy Shot At Houston-Area Gas Station
- Extra Patrols After Man Exposes Himself Near High School
- Ex-South Texas Magistrate Gets Prison For Extortion
- Dallas County Video Shows Last Moments Of Joseph Hutcheson’s Life
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures