Cowboys Given 3 7th-Round Compensatory Picks
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE Fan) - The Dallas Cowboys are trying to reload via draftees and on Monday were were awarded three compensatory picks in the 2014 NFL Draft. The picks are all in the seventh (and final) round … but for the team choosing wisely, have value nevertheless.
The picks were awarded on the basis of the Cowboys having lost Victor Butler, Kenyon Coleman, Mike Jenkins, and John Phillips to free agency in 2013 while adding only free-agent Justin Durant.
Dallas now has a total of six picks in the seventh round.
The Cowboys have a solid history of finding late value in seventh-round picks and undrafted free agents (the equivalent of “eighth-round-and-beyond” picks) from Tony Romo to Dan Bailey and now have three additional chances to do so again.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Carrollton Police Seek Aggravated Robbery Suspect
- Pre Game Playlist: Paul Rabil- Pro-Lacrosse Star By Day, DJ By Night
- 8 To Challenge Smith For NFLPA Executive Director
- Rangers Sign LHP Joe Beimel For 2015
- Convicted Murderer Routh Moved To Texas Prison Intake Center
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures