Bedford Murder Suspect Caught In Louisiana
BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) - Police in Louisiana have arrested the North Texas man suspected of murdering his pregnant girlfriend at the Bedford apartment which they shared. Robert Atlas was taken into custody at around 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning. He was found sleeping in his car in a Walmart parking lot located near Shreveport.
It was Sunday afternoon when officers from the Bedford Police Department were asked to visit the Colonial Village at Shoal Creek apartments in order to check on 27-year-old Tracy Anderson. Her mom called authorities after she had not heard from her daughter since Friday night. But Lt. David Smith said, “They went inside and found the resident deceased.”
Anderson had been stabbed several times. She was seven months pregnant at the time of her murder.
Investigators said that it appeared as though someone forced their way into the apartment. Anderson and Atlas had just moved into the Bedford home only three weeks ago. When authorities did not initally find the 26-year-old boyfriend, they were concerned that he was also in danger.
However, as the investigation progressed, officials announced on Monday morning that Atlas was wanted for Anderson’s murder. Police had not received any tips about the case until early Tuesday morning, when an anonymous phone call led them to Louisiana. The suspect had apparently reached out to someone while on the run, and that person contacted the authorities. “It was someone he knew,” said Smith, “and they contacted us and they encouraged him to turn himself in. But he was afraid, from what the tipster said.”
Atlas is now behind bars in Louisiana awaiting extradition back to Bedford, where he faces a charge of capital murder.
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Video Prompts Suspension Of Two College Police Officers
- Arlington Teen Injured In Hit-And-Run Accident
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures