IRVING (AP) – A higher education conference organized by former governors Jeb Bush of Florida and Jim Hunt of North Carolina wraps up two days of talks in North Texas.
Panel discussions are scheduled for Tuesday at the Globalization of Higher Education Conference in the Dallas suburb of Irving. Bush and Hunt will participate in an afternoon discussion that also will include Rice University President David Leebron.
The conference drew nationwide attention as Bush and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton both said higher education has the power to transform lives and be a force for democracy around the globe. Both are potential rivals in the 2016 presidential contest.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas House Speaker Won’t Block Bathroom Bill Despite His Opposition
- Bikers Cry Discrimination Against Iconic Burger Joint
- Plaintiffs Ask Judges To Trash Texas Congressional Districts
- Bat-Killing Fungus Found In Texas
- Garland Police Looking For Man Who Robbed, Raped Subway Workers
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures