Bush Education Conference Ends
Get Breaking News First
IRVING (AP) - A higher education conference organized by former governors Jeb Bush of Florida and Jim Hunt of North Carolina wraps up two days of talks in North Texas.
Panel discussions are scheduled for Tuesday at the Globalization of Higher Education Conference in the Dallas suburb of Irving. Bush and Hunt will participate in an afternoon discussion that also will include Rice University President David Leebron.
The conference drew nationwide attention as Bush and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton both said higher education has the power to transform lives and be a force for democracy around the globe. Both are potential rivals in the 2016 presidential contest.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 90’s Vs Now: Comparing The Triplets
- Early Apple Computer Sells For $905K At Auction
- Texas Task Force Offers Plans To Stop Ebola Spread
- East Texas Man Found Guilty Of Scalding Boy
- Bank Of America To Refund Apple Pay Customers Charged Twice
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures