GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – North Texas’ largest mall is undergoing a major makeover.
It will be a new look that will come with a lot of new stores over the next few years.
Work inside Grapevine Mills has already started with a handful of stores about to open in the next few months.
“I saw that the Buckle is coming,” says shopper Charlise Wallace. “I love that.”
Michael Kors, Coach and H&M have already opened shops. Express, Adidas, Francesca’s, Buckle, O’Neill and Wax Accessories will be coming soon and will be part of more than 180 shopping, dining and entertainment options.
“I was excited that they added Coach,” says shopper Sherrie Calvert. “It will be nice to have other options (and) higher quality.”
Grapevine Mills has long prided itself as an experience with all the shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
“That’s clearly what the customer wants. They want the name brands and also the deals…and with a center that’s 1.7 million square feet we have the capacity to welcome a lot of new tenants,” explains Grapevine Mills General Manager Joe Szymaszek.
Over the last 17 years not much has changed, but now the mall will be undergoing a major makeover.
Plans include an overhaul of storefronts, flooring and restrooms.
There will be more seating around the mall and ascent lighting added.
The upgrades could cost as much as $40 million.
“We’ve recently renovated one of our restrooms with granite counter tops and ceramic tiling and really high end finishes,” says Szymaszek. “What you see is a really refreshed common area experience to go along with the tenants that we will be welcoming to the center.”
The work will be done during four different phases and at night to avoid impacting shoppers.
Renovations could be complete in about two years.
Shoppers say they welcome the changes and the new stores.
“I will be back here a lot,” says Wallace.
The mall has opened or relocated 30 new stores in the last year and expect to do the same this year.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- “Hunger Games” Tops “Creed” & “The Good Dinosaur”
- Adele’s ’25’ Breaks Record With 3.38 Million Copies Sold
- Cyber-Monday At Amazon Fulfillment Center
- UTA Men’s Basketball Improves To 5-1 After Topping Rice
- Man Shot By Homeowner After Attempted Break-In
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures