Rangers’ Darvish Scratched From Opening Day Start
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from his Opening Day start on March 31 due to a stiff neck.
Darvish will return to the Dallas area for further examination, according to MLB.com.
The team has not announced who will start on Opening Day at Globe Life Park against Cliff Lee and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Darvish was initially scratched from a minor league start last Friday after reportedly sleeping on it wrong.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Wrong-Way Drivers Caught On Video Leaving AT&T Stadium
- Salmonella Tied To Cucumbers Sickens 9 In Texas
- Damaging Spring Floods Still Affecting Lakeside Businesses
- Tourist Accused Of Keying The Alamo Arrested
- Public Shows Support For Police During ‘Back The Blue’
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures