ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from his Opening Day start on March 31 due to a stiff neck.
Darvish will return to the Dallas area for further examination, according to MLB.com.
The team has not announced who will start on Opening Day at Globe Life Park against Cliff Lee and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Darvish was initially scratched from a minor league start last Friday after reportedly sleeping on it wrong.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Frisco ISD Board of Trustees Talk About Rezoning
- Stuff Your Holiday Stockings With Pringles-Scented Candles
- Fellow Muslim Student Defends ‘Clock Kid’s’ Former High School
- Debate Over Brand New New Buc-ee’s Ongoing In Denton
- Late 3-Pointers Sink UT-Arlington In Austin 80-73 In Overtime
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures