Rangers’ Darvish Scratched From Opening Day Start
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from his Opening Day start on March 31 due to a stiff neck.
Darvish will return to the Dallas area for further examination, according to MLB.com.
The team has not announced who will start on Opening Day at Globe Life Park against Cliff Lee and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Darvish was initially scratched from a minor league start last Friday after reportedly sleeping on it wrong.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures