Rangers’ Darvish Scratched From Opening Day Start
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from his Opening Day start on March 31 due to a stiff neck.
Darvish will return to the Dallas area for further examination, according to MLB.com.
The team has not announced who will start on Opening Day at Globe Life Park against Cliff Lee and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Darvish was initially scratched from a minor league start last Friday after reportedly sleeping on it wrong.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Passenger Blames American Airlines For Wife’s Death
- Movement Underway To Raise Texas Daycare Standards
- Denton County Jail Denies Inmates In-Person Visits
- Monster Truck Theft Leads Police To Auto Theft Ring
- Pothole Problems Will Get Worse Before They Get Better
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures