COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A Frisco family needs help and the call for it is coming in the form of an online video.
Randy Bean worked in the high-tech industry. Now, his coworkers in Plano are using their skills to help the father of three in a desperate race against time.
Bean says he works on a deadline few us can comprehend. “I wake up in the morning and know I’m still here. I worry about my not being here.”
The 48-year-old is building a headboard. It will be a final gift to one of his two sons, Will and Matthew, who are unaware their dad has an inoperable brain tumor.
Bean faces a grim future with his wife Robin and two young sons with Down Syndrome by his side. Robin said their children are aware something is wrong. “They can tell when Randy is having a bad day and give him lots of hugs and kisses.”
Bean’s coworkers created a YouTube video describing the family’s unimaginable plight.
It’s part of a fundraising campaign to help raise Will and Matthew when their father’s gone.
“I’m disappointed that the kind of things in life a father would pass along I won’t be here,” Randy said softly.
Bean is determined to finish the headboard with whatever time he has left. It’s a father’s gift that means so much more to him now. “It’s pretty much living everyday not knowing how long we have,” he said.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Arrest Man After Woman Found Dead In His Car
- Severe Weather Highlights Need To Clean Out Garage
- Dallas Police Investigating Fatal Wrong-Way Crash
- Dallas Police Introduce “Sponge Gun”
- Former Frisco Band Teacher Pleads Guilty To Improper Relationship With Student
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures