Dallas Police Officer Killed In Motorcycle Crash
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas police officer has been killed in an off-duty motorcycle crash.
Wednesday DPD officials confirmed that Senior Corporal David Myers was killed in a motorcycle accident in Ellis County.
There were no other vehicles involve din the crash in the 900 block of West Road.
Myers, 56, was droving his motorcycle across a wooden bridge when he lost control and crashed into a creek below. The all was about 12 feet.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Just one day ago Myers made what some people are now calling a chilling post on his Facebook page.
“Okay my facebook friends and fellow motorcyclists..survived a good scare this morning..on my way to work on the bike at 5am..18 wheeler ahead of me in the next lane over..all the sudden..the sound of metal and sparks from the wheels of the trailer..then BAM..something hit me in the bone between my knee and lower leg..leg went numb and had to pull over..thought maybe I had broken it..thank goodness I was okay and could continue on to work..it was a close one..better my leg than my face..if you don’t believe in GOD as your protector..you better start..if you ride as much as I do..it is not a matter of IF something is going to happen..just WHEN.?”
Police are investigating the deadly motorcycle crash.
Senior Corporal Myers was a 27-year DPD veteran and was assigned to the Traffic Section.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Walker Rides High To Claim Valero Texas Open
- Bankruptcy Judge Approves RadioShack Asset Sale
- 30 Players: Fiers Finally Ready To Stick With Brewers
- Google Maps Brings Pac-Man To The Streets
- NASCAR Driver Kyle Larson Released From Hospital After Fainting At Martinsville
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures