Key Part Of March Madness Arrives In DFW
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The wood floor that will play host to the upcoming Final Four arrived in North Texas Wednesday. The official NCAA court builder, Connor Sport Court International, showed off a replica of the floor to fans at Klyde Warren Park.
“This is the final four kick-off for us. This probably is one of the largest floors we’ve ever done. When you go Dallas, you go big,” said Lauren Gillian of Connor Sports.
When people think big, they think of AT&T Stadium, where the North Texas Final Four will take place.
Crews will lay the 70 by 140 foot floor Friday morning. “When you look at the TV and see the floor for the first time, and you walk on it, you say wow, this thing is massive,” said Gillian.
Crews are now reconfiguring the stadium’s seating.
Mark Williams of HKS Inc. says, “We actually moved the basketball court, put it in a center court configuration so the length of the court is running the same as the football field or soccer pitch depending on the stadium.”
Seats will be added around the court.
Outside AT&T Stadium, crews hung new banners, and in downtown Dallas, they’re setting up for rock superstar Bruce Springsteen and others who will perform in a free concert.
Back at Klyde Warren Park, fans said they’re getting more excited.
“I’m super pumped about it, I’m ready to see it,” said Brandon Taylor. Another fan, Ian Ribald said Dallas is going to become the place in April. “This is going to be a hot spot for all sports fans out there.”
The replica of the wood floor will be on display at the Fort Worth Stockyards Thursday morning, and Texas Christian University Thursday afternoon. But first, before sunrise on Thursday morning, the floor stopped by the CBS 11 News studio. Check out morning anchor Brendan Higgins shooting hoops in the video below.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fine Line Between Texas Touting And Taunting
- Phoenix Islamic Community Condemns Garland Attack
- Police Officers Injured At 3-Alarm Apartment Fire In Arlington
- Panel Clears Dallas Police Officer Fired In Excessive-Force Case
- 10 Of The Worst Sports Songs Ever Written
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures