CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – Denny Hamlin has been cleared to race at Martinsville Speedway, a week after doctors refused to let him drive at California because of vision problems they believed were associated to a sinus infection.
But Joe Gibbs Racing said doctors at a California hospital found a small piece of metal inside Hamlin’s eye. Once removed, Hamlin felt immediate improvement, the team said in a statement Wednesday.
Hamlin underwent further testing in California before he was cleared to fly home to North Carolina. He was evaluated in Charlotte on Monday and again on Wednesday and it was determined he did not have any lingering issues with his vision.
JGR says Hamlin visited the care center at Auto Club Speedway on Saturday and Sunday complaining of an irritation to his eye. The team says doctors on site at the track said the vision issues were related to a sinus infection.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fallen Marine’s Friend Pays Tribute: ‘He Meant Everything To Me’
- Couple’s Destination Wedding Cancelled By Resort
- Hundreds Testify About Bathroom Privacy Bills At Capitol
- DISD Creating Its Own Hall Of Fame
- Affidavit Details Relationship Between Council Member And 15-Year-Old Girl
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures