DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Crews continued work on Thursday moving various materials into the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas in preparation for Bracket Town, a public event for March Madness fans whether they have a ticket to the NCAA games or not.
Bracket Town is much like an amusement park for basketball enthusiasts. There will be youth clinics, autograph opportunities, trick shot artists and much more. Anyone who attended the NBA Jam Session when the NBA All-Star Game was in town in 2010 has a good idea of what fans can expect, and how much fun the event can be.
Organizers said that 60,000 people visited Bracket Town last year, when the Final Four was held in Atlanta. That total is predicted to go up this year with the festivities in North Texas.
“We’re expecting, over the four days of Bracket Town will be going on, that we’re going to have about 70,000 visitors to it,” stated local organizer Tony Fay. “It’s 350,000 square feet of really family entertainment celebrating all the NCAA sports, not only the NCAA basketball championship, but all the 70-plus sports that the NCAA has a championship in every year.”
Bracket Town runs April 4 through April 7 and is open to everyone. Those who have a ticket to the NCAA games are already admitted. The ticket prices for others are $10 for adults, $5 for children 3-11, and $5 for seniors, military members and college students. Kids under 3 years of age are free.
- Arlington Police: Woman Shot Teen Then Fatally Shot Self
- Carroll ISD Accepts Resignation Of High School Football Coach
- Trump To Discuss Florida School Shooting With Governors
- Neighbors Mourn 18-Year-Old Killed In Shooting, Hope Suspect Is Caught
- Trump To Attend Rev. Billy Graham’s Funeral On Friday
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures