FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Three police officers in Fort Worth are being credited with rescuing a man from his burning vehicle after a crash early Thursday morning. The incident happened just before 2:30 a.m. on Marine Creek Parkway, underneath Loop 820.
According to authorities, the driver of an SUV slammed the vehicle into a guardrail and went flying off of the freeway. The SUV then rolled down an embankment and onto the roadway below. The vehicle caught on fire and three officers arrived to pull the driver from the burning wreckage.
“These officers conducted themselves admirably and without hesitation to rescue the trapped driver,” said Capt. Shawn Stone of the Fort Worth Police Department.
The fire department arrived a short time later and extinguished the car fire. The driver was transported to JPS Hospital in Fort Worth, however, his current condition is not known.
- Louisiana Toddler Travels To Dallas To Cure Nut Allergy
- Former Texas Officer Who Killed Teen Indicted For 2nd Crime
- President Trump Says He Has No Recordings Of Comey Conversation
- TK O’Ryan Won’t Be Defined By Broken Leg
- Gas Prices Across Texas Down A Nickel This Week
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures