DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A grand jury cleared two police officers in Highland Park’s first deadly officer involved shooting.
In June, suspect David Hartman was in the back of a squad car when police said he shot out the back window and then pointed his gun at officers.
Officers then shot and killed Hartman.
Highland Park’s police chief said officers did a pat down but the gun was down in the suspect’s cargo shorts and they didn’t feel it.
Hartman then slipped his handcuffed hands from behind his back to the front and shot the window.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Study: Mosquitoes Prefer Pregnant Women, People Who Drink And Athletes
- I-Team Exclusive: Murdered Dallas Lawyer’s Widow Talks
- Fort Worth Amends Ridesharing Ordinance
- SPCA Seizes 15 Cruelly Treated, Neglected Animals
- TCU Ex Trevone Boykin Charged With Assault For Alamo Bowl Bar Brawl
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures