Hoarder Found Dead In His East Dallas Home
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - An East Dallas man, who had been missing nearly two weeks, has been found dead inside his home under piles of trash.
Police showed up at the home on Saturday to check on the 67-year-old man, after friends reported seeing him last on March 15.
Because of all the trash in the home, located in the 6200 block of Martel Avenue, officers could not locate the man. Authorities ultimately had to cut a hole in the roof and crawl though the attic just to get inside the home, but they still could not find the man.
A search team with a cadaver dog was brought in to help. The team found a dead raccoon, but did not find the man.
Contractors called in to clear out the home found the body Thursday morning, two days after the cleaning process began.
A neighbor snapped a picture of the crews removing trash and several jugs filled with liquid, which appears to be urine.
— Andrea Lucia (@CBS11Andrea) March 27, 2014
The neighbor also says she was told the victim’s home will be demolished, and she was warned to buy rat traps, to keep vermin from invading her home.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fire At Steel Plant In Midlothian
- Fort Hood Gunman To Appear In Court
- Ventura Won’t See “American Sniper”
- EPA Holds Smog Hearing In Arlington
- Spieth Ready For Phoenix Open & Tiger
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures