Housing Boom Continues In North Texas
DALLAS, Texas (CBS 11 News) – The housing boom continues in North Texas, and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
According to new numbers released by the U.S. Census Bureau the Dallas Fort-Worth metro area has seen the third largest population increase in the country behind Houston and New York. The area added more than 108,000 people between July 2012-July 2013. Since 2010, the whole area has grown to more than 6.8 million residents.
The growing numbers of people has given way to a competitive housing market where buyers usually get outbid and end up having to go over budget to buy their ideal homes.
Chad Henderson from DFWHomeseeker.com said “we’re blessed with good stable job growth, and it’s a business friendly environment, and our taxes are relatively low”, as to why the trend of moving to North Texas is so popular.
The sweeping of residents in these areas means a shortage of home buying options.
Regina Sierra is trying to relocate to the mid cities area says she has been looking for a house for about 2 years,but always gets out bid.
Sierra said , “there’s an open house on Saturday. By Monday there is already a contract. So it’s very competitive.”
Real estate experts say the best advice to home buyers is to have a trusted realtor who can move quickly on the homes, and be prepared to be out bid.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DPD Bicycle Officer Collapses While On The Job
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Shoot Or Don’t Shoot? Simulator Puts Citizens In Police Officer’s Shoes
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- With Water Restrictions Easing Soon, Will Residents Return To Old Ways?
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures