Jones Says Romo Ahead Of Rehab Schedule
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
DALLAS (CBS SPORTS) - Tony Romo, who underwent back surgery in December, is ahead of schedule in his rehab, according to Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones, who said that the quarterback has yet to start throwing passes, but is expected to take part in the team’s offseason program, which begins April 21.
“He is ahead of expectations. He is ahead of where we expected him to be,” Jones said this week from the annual owners meetings, via ESPN.
Both Romo and Jones have faced criticism in recent years; the former for ill-timed turnovers and not winning in the postseason, the latter for just about everything else, including signing Romo to a $108-million contract extension last offseason.
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures