LITTLE ELM (CBSDFW.COM) – A 15-month old toddler has drowned in his Little Elm home after being left alone for a short time with his 24-month old sister.
Maksim Lazear was unresponsive when Little Elm police officers arrived at the home, located in the 2700 block of White Pine, shortly before 9 p.m. on Wednesday. The child was taken to Plano Presbyterian Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the children’s father left them alone in the master bathtub for a little while, and when he came back to take them out of the water, he found the 15-month old unresponsive. The older child was standing outside the tub.
The father tried CPR, while his wife dialed 911.
“This kind of tragedy is, unfortunately, much too common with small children,” said Little Elm Deputy Police Chief Rodney Harrison. “Parents should never leave their children unattended for any length of time in a tub of water. These kinds of tragic accidents can befall any family at any time. Parents, guardians and babysitters must remain constantly vigilant when bathing children.”
Police have notified Child Protective Services. The investigation is ongoing.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Red Oak Fire Department Sets Up Fund For Deceased Teacher’s Family
- I-Team: Underground Gas Lines Damaged Often
- Norma’s Cafe In Oak Cliff Serves Free Thanksgiving Meals
- Mom Sues Over Son Being Kicked Off School Bus Along Busy Highway
- Fantasy Football: Panthers Vs. Cowboys – Who To Play, Who To Pass
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures