Manziel Wows Elder Bush & Others At Pro Day
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Johnny Manziel put on a show at his NFL pro day for an audience that included former President George H.W. Bush.
The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner threw for 75 officials from 30 teams on the Texas A&M campus on Thursday.
He also had some special guests, as the former President and wife Barbara rolled into the facility on golf carts about 10 minutes into the workout.
— George Bush (@GeorgeHWBush) March 27, 2014
Manziel threw about 65 passes to six receivers, including A&M teammate Mike Evans, who like Manziel is expected to a first round pick in May’s draft. Manziel caused a stir by choosing to wear a helmet and shoulder pads during the workout.
Came in to sounds of Drake pic.twitter.com/fkdUdtbh44
— Babe Laufenberg (@cbs11babe) March 27, 2014
Manziel didn’t understand why it was a big deal, saying: “You play the game on shoulder pads on Sundays. Why not come out and do it? … For me it was a no-brainer.”
CBS 11’s Babe Laufenberg traveled to College Station to cover Manziel’s pro day. Tune in for CBS 11 News 4, 5, 6, and 10 for the latest.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Dies After Dallas Hit-&-Run Crash
- TCU’s Arrieta Notches No-Hitter For Cubs
- Japan Airlines Returns Direct Service To DFW Airport
- Day Wins In Blowout At The Barclays
- More Miley Controversy At MTV VMAs
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures