DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was killed early Friday morning in a house fire in south Dallas. Flames were first reported at around 3:00 a.m. in the 6700 block of Keswick Drive, near Hampton Road.
Firefighters arrived at the one-story residence to find the home fully involved. Crews were initially forced to attack the blaze defensively because the situation was deemed dangerous. After the flames had died down and the intensity level dropped, firefighters were able to enter the home.
That is when they discovered the body of an adult male. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures