DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was killed early Friday morning in a house fire in south Dallas. Flames were first reported at around 3:00 a.m. in the 6700 block of Keswick Drive, near Hampton Road.
Firefighters arrived at the one-story residence to find the home fully involved. Crews were initially forced to attack the blaze defensively because the situation was deemed dangerous. After the flames had died down and the intensity level dropped, firefighters were able to enter the home.
That is when they discovered the body of an adult male. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Toyota’s Generous Donation Helps Save Dallas Holiday Parade
- 637 Pound Green Bean Casserole Sets Guinness Record
- Keidel: Raiders Need Win Way More Than Patriots Do
- Keselowski Views NASCAR Finale As “Opportunity To Add To My Legacy”
- TCU Has Big 12 Title Hopes Heading Into Game At Texas Tech
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures