DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was killed early Friday morning in a house fire in south Dallas. Flames were first reported at around 3:00 a.m. in the 6700 block of Keswick Drive, near Hampton Road.
Firefighters arrived at the one-story residence to find the home fully involved. Crews were initially forced to attack the blaze defensively because the situation was deemed dangerous. After the flames had died down and the intensity level dropped, firefighters were able to enter the home.
That is when they discovered the body of an adult male. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Possible Listeria Contamination Leads To Fruity Ice Pops’ Recall
- 5-Year-Old Claims Teachers Taped Mouth Shut, Threw Out Lunch
- Grapevine PD Getting One-Of-A-Kind Indoor Shooting Range
- Audi Recalls More Than 1M Vehicles; Coolant Pumps Can Overheat
- Southwest Has Been Faced With Fines, Union Safety Complaints
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures