DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a young girl fell two stories out of an apartment complex window in Dallas around 10:10 p.m. Friday.
Police are calling the case a “home accident,” and that the girl fell after pushing against a loose in-the-window air conditioning unit.
The incident happened on Outrider Lane.
The child, whose age is unknown but might be younger than five, was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for multiple “abrasions and cuts,” police say.
Child Protective Services was called to the scene, but did not see a need to remove the child from the home.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Denton Co. Transportation Authority Holds Mock Disaster Drill
- ‘Jungle Book’ Rules At Box Office Again; ‘Civil War’ Looms
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick Baptized On Trip To Israel
- Cowboys Looking More To Future In NFL Draft Following 4-12 Year
- Aldridge Hits 38, Spurs Rout Thunder 124-92 In Game 1
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures