DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas woman celebrated a very special day on Saturday – her 100th birthday.
But you wouldn’t think Odessa Bowie is 100 when you look at her. She’s still fiercely independent and very active, so her family says.
Bowie told CBS 11 News that she has only one wish on her birthday:”To continue to do the things I’m doing, be able to sew and be able to go to church on Sunday.”
The secret to her healthy, long life?
We’re told she eats little to no red meat, no cheese or saturated foods and lots of greens!
From all of us at CBS 11, Happy Birthday Odessa!
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Frisco Residents Petition Against Proposed Electric Substation
- Grieving Mother Heartbroken Again: The Statewide Search For A Lost Locket
- North Texas College Students, Universities Prepare For Campus Carry
- Texas Attorney General Sues Austin Over City Hall Gun Ban
- Bob Schieffer: ‘A Lot Of People Simply Don’t Trust’ Clinton
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures