GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – Two master model LEGOLAND builders took the Grapevine Mills Mall by storm this morning, as they faced off in a competition.
The builders showed their stuff at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tim Sams and Rob McCarthy are their names. The two worked to build the best model of the new water park at LEGOLAND California Resort that will open this summer.
The event turned out to be a old west showdown, more or less. But instead of slinging guns, they were slinging LEGOs.
“It’s really a great opportunity for us to interact with the kids.. for them to meet the model builders in person and see that they can really build anything just depending on their imagination,” a Lego spokesperson said at the event.
The DFW-area is the second stop on a tour of five cities for the builders. Denver was first.
Voters can go online to vote for their favorite creation from today’s event. The winning builder will receive “a magical LEGO orb of CHI,” according to a press release.
That orb prize is in reference to LEGO’s newest product series called “Legends of Chima,” which has inspired the new LEGO Legends of CHIMA Water Park construction. The series is about animal tribes that battle in a mystical land for control of the precious energy source called “CHI,” according to the release.
Those who came to the competition had a chance to win tickets to visit LEGOLAND and the new water park for answering trivia questions.
The new CHIMA water park will open Memorial day in California’s LEGOLAND.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- School Improvement Up For Discussion At FWISD Meeting
- Pediatricians: Babies Should Sleep In Same Room As Parents
- Council: Prince’s Paisley Park Museum Can Open Permanently
- Pentatonix To Sing NFL Thursday Night Football Opening Song
- State Proposes To Increases App Fee For Cannabis Oil Dispensers From $6k To $1.3 Million
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures