Final Push On Health Insurance Enrollment
CBS DFW (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSDFW.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSDFW.com/Health
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (AP) - Texas health care advocates, hospitals and assisters are giving a final, round-the-clock push to get as many uninsured to buy plans through the federal marketplace on the last day of open enrollment.
Health care facilities and hospitals will open late into the night as they race toward the 11 p.m. central deadline to enroll in a plan through President Barack Obama’s contentious law.
In Texas, nearly one in four people lack insurance, the highest rate in the nation. By March 1, about 295,000 Texans had enrolled. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services had projected 629,000 Texans would enroll by March 31, when the first round of open enrollment closes.
The White House has given extra time to those that start the enrollment process by March 31.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- Texas Tech Extends Kingsbury Through 2020
- Border Patrol Agent Fires At Armed Militia Member
- Football: Guyer, Allen Face Off In Denton
- Woman Sips Toxic Tea At Dickey’s Barbeque & Survives
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures