MLB Ticket Price Average Rises To $27.94
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (AP/CBSDFW) – Major League Baseball’s average ticket price rose 2 percent this season to $27.93, the steepest rise since a 5 percent hike in 2009, according to the Team Marketing Report’s annual survey.
The average rose 1.8 percent last year after remaining flat in 2012.
World Series champion Boston had the highest average, rising 4.8 percent to $52.32.
The New York Yankees, who missed the playoffs for just the second time in 19 years, kept their average flat and remained second at $51.55.
The Chicago Cubs were third at $44.16 following a 0.9 percent decrease. The Cubs are coming off their fourth straight season with a losing record and are celebrating the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field.
Bucking the upward trend, Rangers fans will get a break, they won’t be paying quite as much to see the club in 2014 as they did in 2013.
The club has instituted “dynamic pricing” for all games in 2014…meaning the team will either increase or drop ticket prices based on demand.
Children’s tickets in upper reserved and grandstand reserved will not be affected by dynamic pricing.
But the premiere games at the ballpark will be priced slightly higher than normal games – from $81 to $19. All other games will have an average price range of $73 to $17.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- TCU Gets $30 Million For Business School
- 2nd Chikungunya Case In Dallas County
- McKinney Dowell Middle School Evacuated Over Gas Leak
- Time Warner Cable Says Outages Largely Resolved
- Spiders Force Suzuki To Recall Midsize Cars
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures