Angels Coach Don Baylor Fractures Leg Catching Opening Day Pitch
Sports Fan Insider
Not long after signing a one-day contract that allowed him to retire with the Angels, Vladimir Guerrero tossed out the ceremonial first pitch before the team’s opener.
Angels batting coach Don Baylor was tasked with receiving that first pitch, and unfortunately Baylor was injured while doing so.
Here is the chilling video.
The team later tweeted out the info that Baylor fractured his leg and would have surgery.
INJURY UPDATE – Don Baylor sustained a fractured right femur. The Halos batting coach will have surgery tomorrow.—
Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) April 01, 2014
Get well Don!
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Direct Summer Sun Can Make Playground Equipment Dangerous
- Burned Out Apartment Complex Untouched After 3 Months
- Relief For Families Who Went For Days Without Power
- Summer Caution: Heat-Related Illnesses On The Rise
- Commissioner: Immigrant Children Not Welcome
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures