DALLAS (AP) – Noticing markers and safety flags around digging sites could earn a lucky shutterbug $811.
Dallas-based natural gas distributor Atmos Energy Corporation has launched a nationwide social media safety campaign seeking public photos of the proper way to mark a site for digging.
The ‘iDig It’ campaign began Tuesday and runs through April 30 to remind people to call 811 before digging. The 811 program provides notification to participating utilities to mark underground line locations.
Spokesman John McDill says the greatest risk to underground natural gas pipelines is accidental damage during excavation.
Participants could win an $811 gift card by snapping a photo of a professionally marked digging site and posting it online.
Atmos Energy serves parts of Texas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- White Settlement Firefighter In Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- TCU Beaten By Coastal Carolina 7-5
- Team USA Falls To Columbia 1-0, Finishes 4th In Copa America
- One Dead In Fort Worth Convenience Store Robbery
- Corruption Cases Casts Harsh Light On NYPD Handgun Permits
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures