Father & Son Get Prison For Medicare Scam
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - A North Texas father and son convicted of running a $1.4 million Medicare billing scam are going to prison.
A federal judge in Dallas on Monday sentenced 67-year-old Lawrence Dale St. John to nearly 22 years in prison. His son, 42-year-old Jeffrey Dale St. John, must serve nearly 11 years in prison.
Both Grand Prairie men were convicted last October of one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud and 13 counts of health care fraud. The charges involved a company called A Medical House Calls.
Prosecutors say the company claimed to serve in-home Medicare beneficiaries but services were not performed. Father and son were also ordered to pay restitution.
A physician who took part in the billing scheme was sentenced last month to nearly five years in prison.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Church
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- Rangers Win 7th Straight, Rout AL-Best Angels 12-3
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures