ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) –– The Texas Rangers have purchased the contract of right-handed reliever Daniel McCutchen from Triple-A Round Rock and designated catcher Chris Gimenez for assignment.
The team also outrighted left-hander Michael Kirkman to Round Rock after he cleared waivers Tuesday.
McCutchen, who will be the long reliever, signed a minor league contract in December and was added to major league camp last week. He has a career 4.77 ERA in 108 games, including 15 starts, with Pittsburgh from 2009-12.
Gimenez joined Texas on a waiver claim from Oakland on Friday. He was on the opening day roster but didn’t play in a 14-10 loss to Philadelphia.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minors.
Kirkman was designated for assignment when the club claimed Gimenez.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Soldier Gets 18 Months For Threatening Fort Hood Rampage
- Video Shows Coyote Attacking Family’s Dog In Illinois
- Oklahoma Man Sentenced To Death For Beheading Co-Worker
- Just Ahead Of Holidays, Flu Cases Spreading Across U.S.
- Police, Bikers Escort Girl To School In Stand Against Bullying
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures