FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – TCU is hiring Fresno State’s Raegan Pebley as women’s basketball coach after she took the Bulldogs to the NCAA tournament in both her seasons there.
Pebley’s teams were 46-20 overall and 26-8 in the Mountain West Conference. Fresno State lost in the first round of the tournament both years.
She replaces Jeff Mittie, who left for Kansas State after a 15-year stint at TCU that included nine NCAA tournaments for a once-moribund program.
Before going to Fresno State, Pebley spent nine years at Utah State when the program was restarted in 2003 following a 25-year hiatus.
TCU struggled with the move from the Mountain West to the Big 12 in 2012-13, going 2-16 in conference. But the Horned Frogs improved to 8-10 this season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures