DART Doing Away With Paid Parking At 3 Stations
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Starting Wednesday – April 2, DART is doing away with paid parking at three light-rail stations.
Paid parking was put in place a couple of years ago but the DART Board recently voted to get rid of the Fair Share Parking program, because it was not making enough money to sustain itself.
DART riders will now be able to park for free at the Belt Line Station in Irving, the North Carrollton/Frankford Station and the Parker Road Station in Plano.
The Parker Station will still require permits and the Platinum permits that were sold previously will be honored.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mother Arrested For Abandoning 7-Year-Old Daughter Overnight After An Evening At The Spa
- 4 Injured In Grayson County Plane Crash
- Dallas Family Makes It Out Of Burning Home Uninjured
- Fort Worth Demolishes Homeless Camp, Scattering 80 People
- Police: 2 Dead, 1 Hurt In Dallas Biker Gang Shooting
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures