MINERAL WELLS (CBSDFW.COM) — An approximately 80-unit apartment complex under construction was destroyed by fire late Tuesday night in Mineral Wells.
Firefighters were called to the complex at 1500 Martin Luther King Blvd. around 11:52 p.m. The complex, which includes a clubhouse and garage units, is a total loss, according to Mineral Wells Fire Chief Mike Pool.
The fire became so intense and hot that nearby power poles were burned. The intense heat also burned the siding of a neighboring Meals on Wheels building.
Some of the embers from the fire were carried into adjacent fields, causing grass fires.
With assistance from 50 personnel from eight area departments, firefighters were able to contain the fire by 4:00 a.m.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police: Man Shot, Killed In Apparent Road Rage Incident In Arlington
- Water Rescue Crews Searching For Man At White Rock Lake
- Girls Back In Custody After Leaving Dallas Transition Center
- Jordan Spieth Holes Bunker Shot To Win Travelers Playoff
- Gay Pride Marches Across US Take On Celebratory, Political Tones
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures