DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – It may look like breaking news about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 – but following these links could lead you to trouble.
You can’t help but notice the flashy posts on Facebook, Twitter and in your email. They tend to look like this: “Video of Malaysia MH370 Plane Found in Bermuda Triangle. Passengers alive.” Another version promises “[NEWS FLASH] Missing Plane Has Been Found!”
Jeannette Kopko with the Dallas Better Business Bureau says if you click on it, you’re really downloading malware. And not only that – but your personal information could be stolen.
Kopko says you can hover over a link to find out where what website it will actually take you to.
And remember – if you spot a scam you can also report it to Facebook or Twitter.
For more information about this scam and others, you can check with the Better Business Bureau.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Grand Prairie Police Investigate Fatal Shooting At Sports Bar
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures