FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – A Dallas man has been sentenced to 45 years in prison for forcing a woman he carjacked and held at gunpoint to perform a sex act on him.
Prosecutors in Tarrant County on Thursday announced the penalty for 27-year-old Ousmane Wangare. A Fort Worth jury in December convicted Wangare of aggravated sexual assault in the 2012 incident that began at an Arlington car wash.
Authorities say three men approached the Navy veteran and her friend, an airman stationed in Shreveport, La., and tried to rob the pair before forcing the couple to leave with them.
Wangare, who was sentenced Wednesday by a judge, must serve at least half of the 45-year term before being eligible for parole.
A second suspect faces charges. The third suspect remains at large.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oklahoma Bashes Oklahoma State 58-23 In Bedlam
- LSU Defeat Texas A&M 19-7
- Arlington Homicide Detectives Investigating 20-Year-Old Man’s Death
- 23-Year-Old Charged With Murder Following Witness Tip
- UTEP Defeats North Texas 20-17
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures